Huckabee defends clemency decision for cop shooting suspect

huckabeeFormer Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said he was aware of Maurice Clemmons' long and violent criminal history when he commuted his 108-year prison sentence, but he couldn't have foreseen the deadly consequence of his act.

"You're looking at this nine years later and trying to make something as if I can look into the future," Huckabee said Wednesday before a speech at Jacksonville University.

"I wish I could have. Good Lord, I wish I had that power. I wish I could have done that. But I don't know how anyone can do it," he said.

Police fatally shot Clemmons, 37, on Tuesday in Seattle, Washington, after a two-day manhunt that began after he allegedly killed four officers at a coffee shop.

useful links: transport rankings



No comments:

Post a Comment