RYAN GIGGS signed a fresh one-year contract with Manchester United.

Ryan Giggs
The Old Trafford legend's present deal was due to end in the summer but Sir Alex Ferguson has rewarded the midfielder for various outstanding performances this term. Giggs in recent times named the BBC Sports Personality of the Year and joked he would bring the trophy with him into the contract negotiations.

However, there was little doubt the 36-year-old would extend his distinguished stay with his only club as he continues to impress with his form and fitness.

"I am delighted that I have agreed one more year," said Giggs. "I’ am enjoying my football more than ever and I’ am looking forward to hopefully winning more trophies with Manchester United."

Ferguson feels the evergreen veteran can go on playing until 2012. "Ryan Giggs deserves a new contract and I’ am sure that he will play for another two years," said Ferguson.

"His form is incredible at the moment and he is playing some of his best football."

No comments:

Post a Comment