Puffer fish toxin answerable for deaths of two dogs

A poisonous found in tropical puffer fish, which is potentially fatal to humans, is to responsibility for the deaths of two dogs on Auckland beaches.

The toxin, tetrodotoxin, was also found in the dead dogs' vomit and also in a sea slug model on Narrow Neck Beach on the North Shore.

The finding last night encouraged public health officials to reiterate warnings that animals and children should not go to Auckland beaches.

useful links: transport rankings

No comments:

Post a Comment