Thomas Cook staff cleared over Corfu child deaths
2 holiday firm representatives have been cleared of manslaughter after a brother and sister died of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning in Corfu.

Robert Shepherd, 6, and Christianne, 7, of Horbury, West Yorkshire, died at their apartment in October 2006.

Thomas Cook workers Richard Carson, 28, and Nicola Gibson, 26, were found not culpable by a court in Corfu on Tuesday.

But the manager of the Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel in Gouvia and 2 other staff were convicted of manslaughter.

Hotel manager Georgios Chrysikopoulos, head of the hotel technical department Petros Stoyiannos and hotel electrician Christos Louvros, were each sentenced to 7 years.

Civil engineer Dimitrios Xidias was given 2 years on probation for breaching building regulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment