Lindsay Lohan sentenced to 90 days in jail for probation violations

http://news-updations.blogspot.comA JUDGE in Beverly Hills, California, ruled today actress Lindsay Lohan must spend 90 days in jail for violating the probation terms of her 2007 drug and the alcohol case by not attending enough alcohol education classes.

"It's like somebody who cheats doesn't think it's cheating unless they have get caught," Judge Marsha Revel said of Lohan's behaviour.

Ahead of the judge's ruling, Lohan, 24, made a statement to the court, saying that she was compliant with the program "as far as I knew".

"When I asked to leave town they gave me permission to leave town," Lohan said of Right On Programs, Inc, the alcohol education program she was ordered to attend. "I wasn't expecting any special treatment aside from the understanding that I have to provide for myself, I have to work, and my schedule is unfortunately very much different."

Lohan broke down in tears, telling Revel, "I wanted to make sure that I would come back here making you happy."

It's just been such a long haul, and I don't want you to think that I don’t respect you and your terms," the actress said.

Earlier, Lohan shook her head, muttered under her breath and glared at Danette Meyers as the prosecutor argued in her closing statement that Lohan's skipping of the seven classes at Right On Programs, Inc, was a violation of her parole.

Cheryl Marshall, the co-owner of Right On Programs, Inc, said in a letter that Lohan's excuses for missing the classes were "endless" and "disrespectful". However, in the testimony today, Ms Marshall said she did not notify the court when Lohan skipped her scheduled meetings.

Ms Meyers also declared that she believed Lohan was not benefiting from the alcohol education classes, citing a June 7 incident in which the actress' court ordered alcohol monitoring bracelet uploaded a report showing evidence of alcohol.

view this site : Google updates

No comments:

Post a Comment