Pressel of US shoots 66 for lead at Evian Masters

Morgan Pressel of the United States birdied the first three holes and ended with a 6-under 66 Thursday to lead after the first round of the Evian Masters.

Melissa Reid of England and Sun-Ju Ahn of South Korea each birdied the last hole to join her in the lead.

Pressel in progress on the back nine and her birdie line ended with a bogey on No. 13.

"It was a very solid day," Pressel said. "The only fairway I fail to spot was on the last hole, and it was as it kind of got a weird jump. I hit 15 greens. I felt like I was striking the ball well and gave myself a lot of probability."

Reid complete with eight birdies and two bogeys on a cool and rainy day.

The 22-year-old Reid won her first pro title in May at the Turkish Airlines Ladies Open. She's aiming for another strong showing against a tougher field at the Evian Masters.

full story

No comments:

Post a Comment