Order of Merit: David Hockney


British performer David Hockney has been chosen a member of the Order of Merit by the Queen in spite of spinning down a knighthood in 1990.According to him “I don't value prizes of any sort. I value my friends". When a member dies the clasp is returned to the Queen, who receives the next-of-kin individually. 


In 2003, Hockney told Bradford's Telegraph & Argus document that prizes of any sort are bit suspects. He was speaking after information about people who had curved down honours was leaked to the Sunday Times. In recent years, Hockney has returned to his resident Yorkshire after spending years in California, where he has been stirred by light and gap with his paintings of swimming pools proving to be some of his most memorable works. The pro-smoking campaigner's exhibition, which opens on 21 January at the Royal Academy, is enthused by the East Yorkshire countryside of which he has said that I'm attentive I've got a very good quality theme, and with each season, I begin to see more.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment